Kevin Smith, Frank Miller, Warren Ellis, Becky Cloonan and More in Detective Comics #1000
As part of DC’s year-long global celebration of Batman’s 80thanniversary, DC is publishing Detective Comics #1000 on March 27, 2019. It includes all-new stories plus a wraparound cover from the Jim Lee, Scott Williams and colorist Alex Sinclair which you may have seen a bit of elsewhere. Here’s the full thing.
Detective Comics #1000 starts with a new story by regular team Peter J. Tomasi and artist Doug Mahnke that launches a new story arc and introduces a new version of the Arkham Knight to DC comics canon. Tomasi wrote his video game origins in 2015’s Batman: Arkham Knight – Genesis miniseries. And here he is.
Detective Comics#1000 also features a two-page spread spotlighting the current state of the Batman universe by Jason Fabok, plus these fine folks.
- Kevin Smith and Jim Lee
- Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev
- Warren Ellis and Becky Cloonan
- Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen
- Denny O’Neil and Steve Epting (a sequel to O’Neil’s 1976 Detective ComicsS story “There’s No Hope in Crime Alley”)
- Christopher Priest and Neal Adams
- Geoff Johns and Kelley Jones
- Tom King, Tony Daniel and Joëlle Jones
- Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo
- James Tynion IV and Alvaro Martinez
Variant covers – and retailer variants – will be by the likes of Steve Rude, Michael Cho, Jim Steranko, Bernie Wrightson, Frank Miller, Tim Sale, Jock and Greg Capullo with a homage to Jerry Robinson’s cover of November 1942’s Detective Comics #69 by Bruce Timm.
This 96-page oversize collector’s edition issue will be available at comics retailers and digitally on March 27, 2019, for $9.99.
Powered by WPeMatico