The Wednesday One 3/20/19
Each week we will go head to head picking just ONE book in each category in a battle for NCBD supremacy. Best of all, you get to pick the winner! Sound off in the comments if you’re #TeamSimpleman or #TeamBolo and we will recap each week in the following weeks Column.
So its Brian vs. Jack.
Simpleman vs. Bolo.
And there can be only ONE. The Wednesday One.
Most Looking Forward to Reading Marvel
Most Looking Forward to Reading DC
Most Looking Forward to Reading Indie
Regular Price Variant Marvel
Regular Price Variant DC
Regular Price Variant Indie
Top Spec Pick
Last Week Look Back
The people voted with #TeamBolo decisively this week although the sample size was smaller. This is a hard week to call a winner decisively as #TeamSimplemans roster is stocked with some potential gainers down the road. Ultimately Squirrel Girl #42 tops Shredder in Hell #2 to decide the top spot.
Winners: (In No Order)
- Squirrel Girl #42 1:25 Variant (Bolo) – From sleeper to top dog! This book has seen sales of $125 and drying up! This was THE book of the week.
- Shredder In Hell #2 Scalera 1:10 (Simpleman) – Snagging Mr. Bolo’s Long Term Pick of the Week from the Bolo List, Brian killed it with this one! A $10 at ratio buy in selling for $25-40 one week after release. This one may have staying power.
- Magnificent Ms Marvel #1 Babs Tarr 1:25 (Bolo) – Outperforming its 1:50 counterpart on the profitability scale. Selling fro $35-42.
- Readers- Like every week some great reads hit shelves. The Goon, Grim Knight, ASM, Little Bird, Avengers No Road Home and many others had readers buzzing. Any week where you pick up a new book and give it a read is a win in my eyes. That is first and foremost what this hobby is founded on.
- The Goon– What looked like a solid long term play payed immediate dividends as it hit 3x cover price in week 1.
- Avengers No Road Home #5– Conan cameo made this a $10 book quick and a Hot 10 entry to boot.
- MLP Nightmare Knights #5– Laugh all you want but this 1:10 incentive saw sales of upwards of $40 this week. These low print MLP mini series incentives can bring coin.
Losers: (In No Order)
- Marvel Regular Priced Variants (Both)– We talked about this last week but Marvel Cover B’s are continuing to prove to be a tough profit maker in the short term.
- The Goon Cover B (Bolo)– With sales of Cover A hitting $15 and Cover B at price, it was not a profitable pick to go cover B over A. Stick to the Eric Powell goodness.
Jury Is Still Out
- Magnificent Ms. Marvel #1 1:50 (Bolo) Showing sales at about $60, it is above ratio. The question is, now that we are past release week in which direction will this one go?.
- Cover #6 Jim Lee (Bolo) – While only selling for cover price at the moment, copies have dried up and now people are asking $15-20 on ebay. Will they get it? Time will tell
- Little Bird #1 (Simpleman)– Brian’s longshot pick gained some serious reader buzz as the week wore on and neither of us would be surprised to see it on the winners column. BOLO on cover price issues at your LCS.
- Transformers #1 1:50 Williams Foil (Simpleman)– Only selling at ratio at the moment but has almost completely dried up. This one could be a ghost very soon. BOLO
- Grim Knight #1 Cover B (Simpleman)– This book had an up and down week. While heavily printed, it was building toward a solid $10-12 sale before the release of the ECCC Foil Variant. Now it’s back around cover or a few over. This is still a solid buy and hold.
- Most books released last week- It’s hard to call a lot of books losers after just one week. Let us know in the comments what books you think the jury still out on!
We did pretty well this week making something out of slow week. Be sure to let us know in the comments your picks and predict who will win out #TeamSimpleman or #TeamBolo.
Want to see more from CBSI’s NCBD duo?
Be sure to also check them out on Simpleman’s Comics YouTube Channel Live at 9 PM Est / 6 PM Pst Thursday’s for the Weekly Bolo List Livestream with the replay releasing right here on the site on Friday’s.
Powered by WPeMatico