The Wednesday One 3/27/19
Each week we will go head to head picking just ONE book in each category in a battle for NCBD supremacy. Best of all, you get to pick the winner! Sound off in the comments if you’re #TeamSimpleman or #TeamBolo and we will recap each week in the following weeks Column.
So its Brian vs. Jack.
Simpleman vs. Bolo.
And there can be only ONE. The Wednesday One.
Most Looking Forward to Reading Marvel
Most Looking Forward to Reading DC
Most Looking Forward to Reading Indie
Regular Price Variant Marvel
Regular Price Variant DC
Regular Price Variant Indie
Top Spec Pick
Last Week Look Back
Avengers and Meet The Skrulls vs Dark Red give the slight edge to #TeamBolo. This week was tight. Will #TeamSimpleman rise from the ashes this week and claim glory!?!?!
Winners: (In No Order)
- Knights of the Golden Sun #5 (Bolo) – Month in and month out Knights continues to release and sellout. This one hit $10-15.
- Immortal Hulk #15 Cover B (Simpleman) – This one was a spot on pick for Brian. $15 and drying up.
- Avengers #6 No Road Home 1:100 Alex Ross (Bolo) – This one is doing well with Dale’s hovering around $150 which is 50 % over ratio. Not bad for a high ratio book like this.
- Dark Red #1 1:10 Stroman (Simpleman)- A Hot 10 book right out the gate with sales ranging from $35-50. This one is popular with readers and speculators alike.
- Meet The Skrulls #2 1:25 Razzah (Bolo)– This quirky book was all over the place but provided speculators an opprotunity to make a quick $20.
Losers: (In No Order)
- Eastman TMNT (Bolo)– This one went the way of most Eastman Cover B’s……straight brick. Oh well, shooters shoot.
- Justice League #20 (Simpleman)– while both of us dug these, the community did not respond. We didn’t see haul posts or people building those connecting covers. Ebay sales reflect that trend.
Jury Is Still Out
- Die #1 4th (Bolo) Sold out but not moving for much over cover, this one is trending well but still a ways to go.
- Granov 1 :100 (Simpleman) – While below ratio at the moment, it isn’t quite a loser as its rose $20 in the last few days. At $90 it’s just below ratio. Another week like this and Speculators will be in the money.
- Immortal Hulk #15 (Bolo)– Only selling for at or slightly above cover, 15 sat available for a while. The events of the book have caused lots of hype but the B cover out performed the A cover. This series has so many buyers though so spikes could happen.
- Most books released last week- It’s hard to call a lot of books losers after just one week. Let us know in the comments what books you think the jury still out on!
We did pretty well this week making something out of slow week. Be sure to let us know in the comments your picks and predict who will win out #TeamSimpleman or #TeamBolo.
Want to see more from CBSI’s NCBD duo?
Be sure to also check them out on Simpleman’s Comics YouTube Channel Live at 9 PM Est / 6 PM Pst Thursday’s for the Weekly Bolo List Livestream with the replay releasing right here on the site on Friday’s.
Powered by WPeMatico