The Wednesday One 4/03/19
Each week we will go head to head picking just ONE book in each category in a battle for NCBD supremacy. Best of all, you get to pick the winner! Sound off in the comments if you’re #TeamSimpleman or #TeamBolo and we will recap each week in the following weeks Column.
So its Brian vs. Jack.
Simpleman vs. Bolo.
And there can be only ONE. The Wednesday One.
Most Looking Forward to Reading Marvel
Most Looking Forward to Reading DC
Most Looking Forward to Reading Indie
Regular Price Variant Marvel
Regular Price Variant DC
Regular Price Variant Indie
Top Spec Pick
Last Week Look Back
Winner: #TeamBolo by a nose
This week was tough to judge. Both had Hot 10 entries and but with a 2 to 1 outcome and Marvel Rising still well rising it’s Mr. Bolo by a nose.
Winners: (In No Order)
- Marvel Rising 1:25 (Bolo) – Hot 10 entry and going for 4x ratio.
- Age of X Man X tremists #2 Frison (Simpleman) – Another Hot 10 entry that was popping well over ratio almost right out the gate
- Neon Future (Bolo) – There was real demand for the Steve Aoki Indy comic release to tie into his concept album. This book also made the Hot 10
- Sierra Muerte #2 1:10 (Bolo)– Currently hitting 2x ratio. Not sure if the demand will remain with this one though
- Detective Comics #1000 (Both)- This was a big win for comics fans. Such a fun and monumental moment in Batman lore.
Losers: (In No Order)
- Marvel Regular Priced Variants (Both)– We talk about this week but Marvel Cover B’s are continuing to prove to be a tough profit maker in the short term. When will we stop buying these lol. I expect this weeks JSC cover to trip up a lot of speculators. I hope I am wrong.
- Sharkey The Bounty Hunter #2 Skottie Young (Bolo) – One sale this week in the US on ebay…….ONE SALE.
Jury Is Still Out
- Savage Shores #1 B & W (Bolo)- selling for a few dollars over cover price and drying up
- Street Fighter Menat #1 Udon Exclusive (Simpleman)– Haven’t seen these really hit eBay yet so still too early to determine.
- Ice Cream Man #11 Tarr Variant (Simpleman)– Four sold and only four available on eBay.
- Shazam #4 Lee Variant (Bolo)– Underperformed but could increase interest after the movie hits this upcoming weekend
- Most books released last week- It’s hard to call a lot of books losers after just one week. Let us know in the comments what books you think the jury still out on!
We did pretty well this week making something out of slow week. Be sure to let us know in the comments your picks and predict who will win out #TeamSimpleman or #TeamBolo.
Want to see more from CBSI’s NCBD duo?
Be sure to also check them out on Simpleman’s Comics YouTube Channel Live at 9 PM Est / 6 PM Pst Thursday’s for the Weekly Bolo List Livestream with the replay releasing right here on the site on Friday’s.
Powered by WPeMatico