The Wednesday One 4/10/19
Each week we will go head to head picking just ONE book in each category in a battle for NCBD supremacy. Best of all, you get to pick the winner! Sound off in the comments if you’re #TeamSimpleman or #TeamBolo and we will recap each week in the following weeks Column.
So its Brian vs. Jack.
Simpleman vs. Bolo.
And there can be only ONE. The Wednesday One.
Most Looking Forward to Reading Marvel
Most Looking Forward to Reading DC
Most Looking Forward to Reading Indie
Regular Price Variant Marvel
Regular Price Variant DC
Regular Price Variant Indie
Top Spec Pick
Last Week Look Back
The streak continues! I want to judge this any other way but its a 2-1 Hot 10 appearance battle with Bolo taking the crown.
Winners: (In No Order)
- Immortal Hulk #16 1:25 (Bolo) – Hot 10 entry and going for 4x-5X ratio. This is one we KNEW would be hot
- Amber Blake #1 1:10 (Simpleman) – Another Hot 10 entry that was popping well over ratio almost right out the gate. Oversized and under ordered, this one hit 4x ratio
- Major X #1 1:25 (Bolo) – Major X was THE talked about book on release day. This trend continued into the weekend. This book also made the Hot 10
Losers: (In No Order)
- Marvel Regular Priced Variants (Both)– We talk about this week but Marvel Cover B’s are continuing to prove to be a tough profit maker in the short term. When will we stop buying these lol. I expect this weeks JSC cover to trip up a lot of speculators. I hope I am wrong. War of Realms continued the trend. Some of these Asgardian variants may just be the thing to buck it.
- Marvel Comics Presents #1 1:50 (Bolo) – This one is selling for at ratio so it could easily be added to the below section, but when you make it your top spec pick in a week that sees Immortal Hulk and Major X release, you go in the losers section. This one did sell for $80 early but saw drop offs as the week progressed and supply increased.
Jury Is Still Out
- Green Lantern #6 Parillo (Bolo)- drying up and selling for cover price or just above
- Deathstroke #42 Mattina (Simpleman)– going the way of GL #6.
- Stiletto #1 (Simpleman)-Very little available on ebay but only a couple sold. Is the demand there? If it is, the supply may not be.
- War of Realms (Both)– While a good read, it introduced a lot, and was a big spec loser.
- Most books released last week- It’s hard to call a lot of books losers after just one week. Let us know in the comments what books you think the jury still out on!
We did pretty well this week making something out of slow week. Be sure to let us know in the comments your picks and predict who will win out #TeamSimpleman or #TeamBolo.
Want to see more from CBSI’s NCBD duo?
Be sure to also check them out on Simpleman’s Comics YouTube Channel Live at 9 PM Est / 6 PM Pst Thursday’s for the Weekly Bolo List Livestream with the replay releasing right here on the site on Friday’s.
Powered by WPeMatico